Your best skin starts in your gut. Yoghurt is often recommended as great food for digestion because naturally it contains probiotics. Dairy from animals, especially cow forms a mucous buildup in intestinal walls and normally it is acidic in nature. This creates a slower digestion and in turn a slower elimination. It equates to less healthy skin and notice things like acne. Dairy causes your skin to produce excess oil leading to more clogged pores as well as inflammation from the IGF-1 growth hormone found in milk.
Many people eat yoghurt because it is a good source of friendly bacteria. The bacteria used to make yoghurt are not the beneficial bacteria.Your gut and your skin care so closely linked: one of their core main functions is elimination and detoxification. When our gut flora is not healthy, problems such as chronic inflammation, aka acne and other skin problems can show up. Probitics help to naturally balance our gut flora. To boost the level of good bacteria, you have to take probiotic supplement. Also eat foods like miso, tempeh, kimchi, sauerkraut, kefir and, of course, coconut yogurt.
To make a coconut yoghurt you will need the following things.
- Large jar
- 2-3 cans of organic coconut milk (full fat)
- 2-3 probiotic capsules (that you can easily break apart and dump into the milk)
- A wooden spoon
- Cheese Cloth
- Elastic band
Do the following steps.
- Pour cans of coconut milk into clean glass jar (I used 3)
- Break apart 3 probiotic capsules with more than 20 billion live cultures
- Stir in with wooden spoon (this is improtant, don’t use metal as it reacts with the probiotics)
- Cover with cheese cloth and a rubber band
- Let sit on the counter for 24 – 48 hours
- Taste during the resting time to reach your desired tangy-ness
- When it has reached it, put it in the fridge overnight, it should thicken
The yoghurt can lost upto 2 weeks in fridge.