If you didn’t have an employer-sponsored health insurance recently, you might worry about your children’s health very much. But if you live in California, it is a very easy problem. You can apply for the Medi-Cal Program (formerly Healthy Families Program) for your children.
California Medi-Cal program is a low cost insurance for childrens and teens, who do not have insurance or do not quality for no-cost Medi-Cal. It also offers comprehensive health, dental and vision care coverage through selected insurance plans. At the time of service for children’s benefits, you have to make the co-payment of $5 – $15.
How to apply for California Medi-Cal Program?
- Open the link www.dhcs.ca.gov from your web browser then click Services tab, after that click on Medi-Cal and then finally click on Eligibility and Enrollment
- Check if your children is eligible to apply for the program or not
- If your children is eligible, then download the Medi-Cal application form and fill it out
- Mail the completed form to the address provided
- Visit the website to check the status. You will receive a receipt of application in 7 business days
- Within 20 days from the receipt of application, you will learn whether your application is approved or not
- Finally, if you’re approved, you can enroll in the Medi-Cal Program Remote Payments Online Service and make a one-time payment or set up monthly automatic payments to your Healthy Families account using your credit card